This PulseWave 2 Review looks at a great headset and has the pleasant addition of being beautiful and cheap as well. Not only does this headset provide excellent sound quality, outstanding microphone response and a great comfort it all comes for a teeny tiny price. What else do you need? Read below for a discussion and review of the main features of the PulseWave 2.
What You Get In The Box
I shall not bore you with a list of the content of the box. However, here’s a great unboxing video which you’ll probably find more interesting than a lovely plain list. This video also runs through many of the main features of this headset. Enjoy!
Key Features in this PulseWave 2 Review
This headset is produced by TekNmotion, and they really do boast some very versatile features for this very modestly priced headset. Let’s get the nitty-gritty technical features out of the way first, here’s a list of the main features offered with the PulseWave 2.
- 2.1 Stereo or 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound USB or Standard 3.5mm Mini-Jack connectors. This seems a bit jargony, but it basically means that this headset is promising some really high-quality audio.
- Master Control Box. A box attached to the headphone wire which allows easy access to functions such as volume control and mic control.
- Detachable Microphone. If talking as you game isn’t your thing then you can just whip the mic off, easy as you like. There’s also a mute button when you have the mic attached for those private moments. Very handy indeed.
- Soft and Comfortable Full-Surface Ear Cups. This headset features big cushiony pads which cover your entire ear – comfort is important in the heat of battle!
Some More Features Offered by the PulseWave 2
With readability and your comfort in mind I’ve broken down, he features into what I consider to be the main features (above) and secondary features which are still worth mentioning so that you’re not overwhelmed by a bombardment of technical features.
- Exterior Decorative Lights. Simply an additional features which add to the aesthetics of this headset.
- External Battery Pack. Allows you to power your headset away from the computer. Also, allows you to power the decorative lights although I’m not entirely sure why you’d want to.
- Sound and Vibration Intensity Adjustment Control. Pretty standard on a gaming headset, but essential.
- Adjustable Padded Headband. Leather covered cushion headband allows you to fit this headset comfortably whether your head is large or petite.
- Listen to Your iPod or Other MP3 Device. Just plug it in. Easy.
A PulseWave 2 Review
Well what can I say, this one really does seem to get plastered with 4 and 5-star ratings all over Amazon. I suppose the logical place to start would be the ease of installing the software for this headset. A CD comes included, and all you literally have to do is put the CD into your computer, plug in the headset … and you’re ready to game!
Regarding durability, there seems to be the odd complaint about flimsy plastic. However, most customers agree that the headset is incredibly durable compared to competitors of the same price. It’s certainly comforting to know you’re headset isn’t going to fall apart in the middle of battle.
You know those headphones that absolutely kill your ears after an hour or two? Well, you’ll be glad to hear that this isn’t one of those headsets. While this is not the most comfortable headset on the market, it is certainly miles ahead of anything else for this price. With soft cushion padding around our ears and across the top of your head, you can’t really go wrong.
Given the modest pricing of this headset, there will, of course, be some sound quality issues … But only for audiophiles. Or that is someone who has a great interest in high-fidelity sound reproduction. For the average gamer, music fan, or indeed movie watcher this headset will provide excellent sound quality.
The removable mic is great. Slot it in when you want to use it and slot it out (or mute if you prefer) when you don’t. The mic is very responsive, and you’ll have no trouble being heard through Skype or online games.
Lastly, I’m glad to report, and I assume you’ll be happy to learn that yes, you can indeed turn off the lights on the headset. You know, for those times when you’re not gaming in the middle of a disco!
Thankfully I have no real flaws to mention. The only thing that seems to come up now and then is the comfort levels. And it’s not so many complaints as suggestions for improvement. As mentioned above, not the most comfortable headset on the market. But as long as you set the headband to the right length you’re golden. It’ll blow any other headset for this price out of the water regarding comfort. There are also a few reports of headset failure after short periods of time. However, these are RARE and as I’m sure you know you’re safe in the hands of Amazon and their fantastic customer service.
All in all the PulseWave 2 is a great headset. And I don’t just mean a great headset for this price, I mean it’s a great headset full stop. The attractive low price simply adds to the already sweet deal. I may even have to pick a set up myself.
Best Place to Purchase the PulseWave 2
Without question, Amazon is the best place to buy this headset. Their truly fantastic customer service combined with their cheap shipping deals and regular discount prices they just can’t be beaten.
Additional Information About the PulseWave 2
- For further information and reviews, please click here.
- Official PulseWave 2 Documentation. I couldn’t find specific documentation for this model of headset. But click the link for a TekNmotion website by Compuexpert.